iced coffee appreciation post
iced coffee appreciation post
Recipes for smoothies that actually aid in weight loss
There are 23 total in the link below, so if the ones I’ve posted here don’t interest you, check out the others to find something you might like~
PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA
- Half of one banana
- 1/2smooth or crunchy low-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of non-fat milk
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon of
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- 6 cups of seedless watermelon, chopped
- 1 cup of lemon sherbet, non-fat milk, or low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 12 ice cubes
- Put half the watermelon in the blender and blend until smooth, then add half of the ice and sherbet; blend until smooth. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
KIWI AND HONEYDEW
- 2 cups of honeydew, cubed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Place the honeydew, kiwi, apple, sugar, and lemon juice into the blender and blend until it’s smooth, then add the ice cubes and blend until the mixture is slushy.
- 1/4 cup of cubed mangoes
- 1/4 cup of ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup of mango juice
- 1/4 cup of fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 6 ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- 1/2 cup of skim milk or soy milk
- 6 ounces of vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice
- 1 medium-sized, chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons of cashew butter
- 6 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and then blend until smooth; best eaten with a spoon!
These all look so yummy! I think I’ll try the apple one first… or maybe the kiwi? but the mango peach looks so delicious!! oh no, can’t decide!
makes one 12-inch pizza
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1-inch chunks
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
Add the tomatoes (with their juices) to the bowl of a food processor, and pulse several times to crush the tomatoes. Transfer the tomatoes to a fine-mesh strainer set over a medium bowl and allow to drain 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine the drained tomatoes with sugar, 2 Tablespoons of basil, garlic, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high heat (450-500 degrees) for at least 15-20 minutes.
As the tomatoes drain, shape the pizza on a well-floured surface by flattening the dough into an 8-inch disk, pressing to eliminate air pockets. Stretch the outer edges with flattened fingers while giving quarter turns until the dough is a 12-inch circle. Allow to sit at room tempeature 10-15 minutes. Using a pastry brush, oil the dough well.
Using a cutting board or pizza peel, transfer pizza, oil-side down, onto the grates of the grill. Cook 5-10 minutes, or until under-side of dough is golden-brown. Brush the top with more oil. Using 2 spatulas, carefully flip the dough. Working quickly, spread the tomatoes on the now-cooked side, then scatter the cheese evenly on top. Close the grill cover and continue too cook until the crust is cooked through and the cheese has melted. Carefully slide pizza onto a platter, and sprinkle with remaining basil, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and a pinch of kosher or sea salt. Serve immediately.
Harry Potter Treats
Yer a wizard Amanda. The four words that were never once said to me *sadness*. However, we can make up for that! Imagine my immense joy at having found recipes straight from Hogwarts, Hogsmeade and Honeydukes. I might have squealed a bit. From Acid Pops to Chocolate Frogs to Licorice Wands to Cockroach Clusters to Butterbeer and BUTTERBEER CUPCAKES. Wut. And as an added bonus some Caldron Cakes if you ever feel like taking a Potions class. It’s okay to cry; I know how you feel. I’m dying to make these too. You can thank me later.
Allrecipes.com is easily one of the best recipe sites online.. but sifting through a million recipes to find yummy & healthy recipes can be hard. The healthy section has a lot of lol-worthy “healthy” options (cinnamon sugar pork rinds? are you serious? in the healthy section? ok.) & There’s a ton of great healthy recipes buried in other sections around the site. Here’s a list of some worth looking at!
PS - when you change the number of servings, it automatically scales the ingredients down for you!
- Vegan Crepes
- Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Autumn Apple Salad
- Double Whole Grain Pancakes
- Egg White Crepes
- Fluffy Canadian Pancakes
- Dairy & Gluten Free Pancakes
- Eggy Veggie Bake
- Poached Egg Caprese
- Gluten Free Hot Breakfast Cereal
- Quinoa Pudding
- Omelet in a Mug
- Tofu Quiche with Broccoli
- Suppertime Egg Burritos
- Black Bean Breakfast Bowl
- Zucchini and Eggs
- Almond Chicken Salad
- Barbie’s Tuna Salad
- Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
- Avocado and Tomato Salad
- Black Bean Burger
- Bermuda Spinach Salad
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filling
- Grilled Fish Tacos
- Cranberry and Cilantro Quinoa Salad
- Orzo and Shrimp Salad with Asparagus
- Vegan Falafel
- BBQ Tuna Fritters
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Simple Turkey Chili
- No Mayo Tuna Salad
- Coconut Curry Tofu
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs
- Garlic and Rosemary Chicken
- Vegetarian “Meatloaf”
- Paprika Chicken
- Lentils and Spinach
- Vegan Taco Filling
- Vegan Lasagna
- Thai Spiced BBQ Shrimp
- Whole Wheat & Honey Pizza Crust
- Cedar Planked Salmon
- Baked Salmon
- Taco Salad
- Tofu and Veggies in Peanut Sauce
- Stuffed Peppers
- Turkey Burgers
- Crispy Eggplant with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Spaghetti Squash
- Peppermint Meringues
- Grilled Peaches with Gingersnaps
- Pumpkin Pie for Dieters
- Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- Spiced Baked Apples
- Gluten Free Garbanzo Bean Chocolate Cake
- Honeysuckle Pineapple
- No Bake Peanut Butter Nuggets
- Chocolate Banana Tofu Pudding
- Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
- Low Sugar Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Orange Sponge Cake Roll
- Fresh Fruit Minty Dip
- Dark Chocolate Bark
- Banana Cookies
- “Ice Cream” Sandwiches
- Baked Stuffed Pears
- Crunchy Macaroons
- Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
- Fruity Fun Skewers
- Baked Kale Chips
- Hard Boiled Egg
- Pita Chips
- Eggplant Chips
- Cajun Popcorn
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons guacamole, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon tortilla chips, crumbled (optional)
- Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese onto the unbuttered side of one slice of bread followed by the guacamole, bacon, tortilla chips, the remaining cheese and finally top with the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Grill over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
3 cans Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (10 ct)
60 pepperoni slices (2 per biscuit)
Block of cheese (Colby/Monterey Jack or Cheese Stick)
1 beaten egg
1 jar pizza sauce
Slice cheese into approx. 28 squares (or if using cheese stix, cut in 3rds). Flatten each biscuit and stack pepperoni and cheese on top. Gather edges of biscuit and secure on top of ‘roll’. Line rolls in greased 9x13 pan. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning & garlic powder. Bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes. Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
Make Your Own Alkaline Vitamin Water
Find yourself needing a vitamin boost?
Click here, for complete recipe and directions of my five signature colour-free, sugar-free and bpa plastic free alkaline vitamin waters or get inspired to make your own combinations.
It simple, cheap and easy way to get your vitamins in a delicious and hydrating way.
Loki cupcakes from my Avengers cupcake series!
I have been taunting y’all with this cupcake for weeks. But it was totally worth the wait, no?
*Fun Fact: Loki’s helmet is made from 24 separate fondant pieces, and took over 3 days to put together. It’s pretty screen accurate- besides it being edible! His horns are actually carved pieces of fondant that started as solid rectangles.
[More of the Avengers cupcake series will be coming soon! When they are all done they will be available for purchase as high-res prints. Woo for shameless selling of cupcake art!]
recipe: vegan healthy chocolate-oat-pancakes
for one serving you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, processed into a flour
- 1-2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp. agave nectar (or other sweetener to your liking)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- about 1/3 cup water or non-dairy milk
- a pinch of salt
Mix everything but the liquid and then slowly add as much liquid as you need to form a smooth batter. Bake pancakes in a nonstick-pan. I layered them with sliced bananas, some peanut-butter on top would have been great, too!